Troy and Kayla Schweigert are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Sawyer Leigh Schweigert. She was born on April 4, 2016, at 11:14 p.m. Sawyer weighed 8 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20 inches in length at birth. She joins an older sister, Sutton. Sawyer’s proud grandparents are Randy and Lynn Baird and David Schweigert, all of Laurel.
The Christmas to Remember committee has announced the winners of the Tour of Trees, the annual tree decorating contest presented at The Crossing. Winners are determined by votes cast by those who viewed the trees while they were on display throughout the facility as part of the CTR activities.
The Laurel Women in Business club took first place. In second place was Laurel’s Ace Hardware. And, taking third was the Billings Star Lodge 41. Receiving honorable mentions were the Laurel Garden Club, the Laurel Federated Woman’s Club and Evergreen Rebekah Lodge 86.
U.S. Air Force Airman Jasmine K. Lancaster graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training also earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Lancaster is the daughter of Charity and Frank Taylor of Laurel, Mont.
The Laurel Eagles’ Club delivered hams, turkey and 50 cases of dried food to Community Hope to help fill families’ Christmas boxes. Pictured from the left are Dave Hatten, Donna Songer, Lisa Wanner, Dee Stone and Jim Hatten. In the back center are Greg Miller and Fred Wanner.
Although she seems to be taking it in stride, the recent tragedy that struck Fastlane clerk, Lura McGarw and her husband, Charles and son, John last weekend would knock anybody for a loop. The McGarw’s home caught on fire and left the family out in the cold, at least for the time being.
“It started with a stove pipe,” McGarw said, explaining what happened. The fire was confined to a small area in the ceiling, but there is water damage left from firefighters’ efforts to put out the blaze. With the cold, everything inside is frozen.